Constructed from old, found steel. The twins’ heads and
legs have been blackened by quenching in linseed oil.
Their cloaks were recovered from an old Otago settler’s
metal meatsafe circa. 1940.
The branching legs refer to the shared origin and
entwined lives of twins. Their form was suggested by a
recent visit by the artist to a tropical mangrove forest.